Here are just a few things that helped me surrender to the mission of Jesus in 2010.
Top 5 Books (the ones I recommend):
- Doctrine – What Christians Should Believe by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears (still in the process.)
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity: Connect Your Family to a Wider Community by Reggie Joiner, Carey Nieuwhof
- Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt (Actually read through it twice this year.)
- The Cross of Christ by John R. W. Stott, Alister E. McGrath
- Axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs by Bill Hybels
Top 5 Podcasts (People I love to listen to):
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast - Andy makes leadership principles simple enough for even me to understand them.
- Cornerstone Simi Audio Podcast – Love the heart of Francis Chan and his passionate teaching style.
- Perry Noble Leadership Podcast - Perry just helps me understand how NewSpring Church functions and insights on their journey. He speaks with boldness that is borderline offensive, so listen at your own risk… but I love it.
- The Village Church – Sermon Audio – Matt Chandler is probably the best Bible teacher that I’ve encountered in my life so far. He makes scripture come alive while staying dedicated to expository teaching.
- NewSpring Church Audio – This is the sermons by primarily Perry Noble, but a few others teach as well.
Top 5 Blogs (places I visit on a regular basis):
- Perry Noble: www.perrynoble.com
- The Resurgence: theresurgence.com
- April Bagwell (my wife): waitingfortheflowers.blogspot.com
- Michael Lukaszewski: www.heretolead.com
- Brad Cooper: www.bradcooper.us
Websites (There’s only 1 – The Bible):
- YouVersion.com – revolutionary web-based Bible that is changing the way people engage with the Bible.